Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Do men flirt with fat women?

I took my 17-year old son, Dylan, to the oral surgeon today for a consultation. I'd informed Dylan that we'd need to leave our home at 10AM. At 9AM Dylan calls me and lets me know that I needed to pick him up at school verses leave from home; since this threw off my timing I went out the door without putting on my wedding rings.

We had to wait a long time before our consult.

When we went in for our consult concerning removing Dylan's wisdom teeth the dentist/oral surgeon, much to my surprise, just kept talking and talking. But not about Dylan's teeth or oral surgery stuff; just personal chit chat. If I had been talking as he was, I would later have verbally hit myself for blabbing on so. It was almost as if he was nervous. But I can't imagine him to be new to the job; it seemed to be his offices. He was a Phillipino and I often have difficulty determining their ages because they seem to look so much younger than their same-age Caucasian counterparts. However, judging by the slight gray at his temples he had to be at least in his 40s. I just couldn't figure out what was going on.

When we left Dylan commented on it. Dylan said he noticed that the man didn't have on any wedding ring and that he must have been hitting on me. I laughed and said I didn't think so. Then I got to thinking; if I were really pretty, I would definitely figure that was what was going on. Then, I asked myself why wouldn't someone want to flirt with me?

All my life people have commented on my smile. People who lead worship in the church service who I don't even know have come up to me and said how they love seeing my smiling face in the congregation. People I'm getting to know often tell me how they'd liked me instantly because of my smile. So why couldn't this cute Asian have been flirting with me? My first thought was because I'm fat and of course men don't flirt with fat women.

No comments:

Post a Comment