Friday, August 6, 2010

Not everything is about my weight

I love my sons, but my youngest two (age 16 & 17) are driving me crazy!

My middle son, Dylan who is 17, was very difficult today. He had FOUR wisdom teeth taken out and did not want to stay home following surgery. I finally agreed to let him go to his friend's house after calling his friend's mom and talking with her. So off he went for a few hours with a large bowl of strawberry jello in hand. I felt sad when I dropped him off. Dylan says mean things and I can't seem to stop it from hurting me. He feels like he's a man. I understand that he is indeed a young man but still feel like I need to intervene when he's making foolish decisions. In a year he'll be off to college most likely; but, for now, I do try for some minimum input. Especially in matters regarding health and well being.

Anyway, I was feeling so bummed. So I went to the local library and checked out an interesting book which I've quite lost myself in. There's this thing at a very nice couple in our church's house tonight; a hymn sing. A part of me wants to go. But I've been feeling lonely and one of the things I hate most of all is when I'm lonely in a group of people. I have no way of knowing it will be that way, but no way of knowing that it will not. I'm not willing to take the risk, just don't feel up to it. All of this has absolutely nothing to do with my weight. I really don't think I would feel any differently with Dylan today, or about going to the hymn sing tonight, if I were thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment