Saturday, April 5, 2014

Committed to Change

I'm still fat and I still like me, but my blood pressure is high.  From everything I've researched I've found that if I will lose weight I can lower my blood pressure. So I want to change some things - my weight, activity level, my blood pressure - I want to be healthy.  I don't want to have a stroke and I don't want to take blood pressure medicine.  If I can lose weight and increase my activity level and lower my blood pressure I know that is better than taking medicine.

Plus I've gained more and more weight over the years so that now I'm uncomfortable.  Things aren't as easy to do as they used to be or should be.  Little things like painting my toenails.  I can't sit cross-legged on the floor anymore and I certainly can't easily get up off the floor.  I'm exceedingly ungraceful when I bend down to pick something up that I've dropped.

The problem is that every time I've tried to lose weight in the past it hasn't worked.  I've lost weight and then later gained it all back again plus more. 

So I want to approach things differently this time.  I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do but the big issue is that I want to change.  I don't want to become skinny.  I like my larger body type.  But I do want to be healthier.  I'm praying and just gonna have to trust God for this ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment